Slots for Open Relay Teams at the 2019 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon are NOW FULL.
If you are joining a team that has already been created, CLICK HERE
Open Relay Team
Open Relay Team: An Open Relay Team is made up of two or three participants who compete in a team format during the race. Team members are divided up among the three stages of the course with one team member competing in no more than two legs of the course, the swim, bike, or run. Teams may be made up of any two or three participants regardless of their gender, affiliation, relationship or age (must be over the age of 18). Teams may consist of all men, all women, or a mixed team. Awards are presented to the top teams finishing in the following categories: All Male, All Female, and Mixed.
Relay Teams utilize the timing chip as the "baton" to be passed in transition. The Swimmer is responsible for the short run from the swim exit to transition at Marina Green.
ONLINE RELAY TEAM REGISTRATION:
Please read carefully before you begin:
1. Each team member must register and pay online individually.
2. Each team member will be asked for their team name and in which leg(s) of the race you will compete. Please have this information decided and ready BEFORE beginning online registration. Team names MUST MATCH within the database.
3. If one of your team members is going to complete two legs of the race, please register for one leg only and then notify us so we don't expect a third registrant.
Relay Team Entry Fees:
- Open Relay Team: $425 per team member*
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover Card.
*Non-USAT Members will have to pay a $15 one-time membership fee.