Gilsenan Endurance Sports Promotions presents
in conjunction with the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
The sole purpose of this clinic is to prepare the athlete for the 2017 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Escape Academy athletes will receive training tips, seminars, sponsor samples and suggestions on all aspects of this great race from travel to training and everything in between. Athletes will complete all three legs of the world famous Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon course in a safe group workout setting. By completing the Escape Academy, athletes will qualify and are eligible to enter the 2017 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon (participants will be responsible for the race entry fee in addition to the clinic fees).
These Escape Academies are designed for the triathlete who wants to get to know the course better and to have all winter to focus on the race in June. It is the perfect opportunity to learn a great deal about the event and take a practice run through the challenging course prior to race day.
The clinic (6:30am to 4pm) will include a swim from Alcatraz to St. Francis Yacht Club, followed by the full bike and run course. Power Point course review, goody bags and lunch will follow completion of course.
Clinics will be limited to the first 20 triathletes who qualify for the clinics.
Schedule (subject to change):
- 6:30 AM Meet at Fisherman's Wharf (Jones and Jefferson)
- 7:00 AM Open water swim in SF Bay
(After the swim, athletes will meet at the Sports Basement Presidio - 610 Old Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94129)
- 10:00 AM 18-Mile Bike Course
- 1:00 PM 8-Mile Run Course including the Sand Ladder
- 2:30 PM Seminar and lunch
- 4:00 Completed, Dismissed and Qualified
Fees: $480 paid in advance
- Various lectures from experienced coaching staff to accompany the three group workouts.
- Charter boat to swim start
- Aid Station/On-course support
- Special giveaways
- Eric Gilsenan, 28-year veteran and staff coach of the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
- Email Eric Gilsenan: email@example.com
Please note that these clinics are not designed for new or rookie triathlete.